Tuesday, February 28, 2012

When life hands you lemonade...

Seeing how the title of this brand new blog is called "Mud & Lace", I thought we'd start right there - with my brand new Lacey Vase. I picked up this sweet glass bottle at my local gas station.. for about $1.75. It was filled with Hubert's Lemonade. I want to say that I bought it for the lemonade, but really the glass bottle won me over first. The lemonade, however, was a pleasant surprise. Anyways, I knew from the moment I saw it that I wanted to make some sort of vase out of it. What I ended up doing was Modge Podging an old shirt of mine (which was made of mostly lace) to it, and really that was all that needed to be done. If you don't want to destroy one of your shirts, you can just use a plain old scrap of lace.

If you are unfamiliar with modge podge, it's this nifty little concoction of 1/2 Elmer's glue and 1/2 water. I'm not sure why it needs to be watered down first, but it works.

Seeing how this is the lazy edition of this project - I didn't quite measure anything out, I just eyeballed it and it turned out pretty sweet if I do say so myself. There may be more lemonade in my future - and hopefully yours too!

Supplies:
Elmer's Glue (or any old sticky glue should work just fine)
Water
Paint brush
Cheapo Glass Jar
Scrap of Lace large enough to wrap your chosen cheapo glass jar


No comments:

Post a Comment